Afrilek, specializing in complete automation and electrical solutions as well as service and support, recently decided to undergo ISO 9001:2008 Certification. The Certification was received within four months from starting process. The conformance process was iteratively optimized whereby Quality Procedures and associated forms, were constantly reviewed and tweaked to ensure that the Afrilek receives certification and the Quality Management Systems produces a highly effective and efficient procedures for the team to follow. The teams ranging from logistics, procurement, finance, project administration, project management, technical software and technical design team with the aim of providing cohesion and productive workflows, specifically focused, where departmental touch points and overlaps are concerned. Overview of projects procedure developed is depicted below.
Quality Management Systems are relatively difficult to develop and implement since company procedures are multifaceted and opinions on methodologies and procedures vastly differ from person to person. Consultation sessions were held with employees (either one on one or with departmental teams) and with the appointed qualified internal auditor. Opinions, views and ideas were recorded, carefully studied and the best thereof was used as input to develop procedures and templates. Consultation processes were held iteratively to streamline and optimize procedures thereby creating buy-in to ensure that the Quality Management Systems are suitable and practical for all levels within Afrilek.
Through the Quality Management Systems, Afrilek hopes to achieve following quality objectives:
- Improve Customer Satisfaction by 9%
- Resolve and Reduce Customer Complaints by 40%.
- Achieve better Project Delivery by increasing efficiency and performance. On time delivery increase in effectiveness by 31%.
- Improve employee efficiency by 5%.
Special thanks to:
- Siemens (Initiators of Audit),
- Alan Smith (ISO Internal Auditor)
- Ai2SA (assisting with developing a plan/strategy, writing project related procedures, developing forms/templates, development of training programs, carrying out training and tracking compliance).
For further information, please visit: www.afrilek.com