Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) South Africa celebrated their annual Partner Awards at an extravagant Bohemian Rhapsody themed affair held on 24 January 2019 at The Park House of Events on 7 in Hyde Park, Johannesburg. The prestigious event honoured HPE’s top performing partners across South Africa, highlighting their dedication toward growing mutual business opportunities with joint customers.
Attendees embraced the theme, dressing for success in their finest flamboyant attire, with electric glam as the order of the day. Dinner and drinks kept conversations flowing, and awards were handed out to partners across the channel. For a touch of fun, awards were also given to the best-dressed male and female attendees, as well as the best-dressed team.
“At HPE we are serious about business, and our partners – the lifeblood of our organisation – are all dedicated to our mutual success. This is evident from the strong growth we have experienced year on year. However, after a year of hard work in 2018, we are privileged to be able to take time out to celebrate. This event allowed us not only to show our appreciation for our partners, but also the individuals who are our fiercely loyal ambassadors as well as the achievers that have obtained certifications and new skills, ensuring exceptional service and support. It was an opportunity for all of us to let our hair down and have some fun,” says Sherifa Hady, Interim Managing Director, South Africa, HPE.
“Our awards extravaganza was the perfect opportunity to recognise our top performing partners, and also to thank each channel partner for their invaluable contribution. Not only were we able to formally recognise those partners that have gone above and beyond over the past year, we also used the opportunity to highlight the enhancements we have made to our partner rewards program. We look forward to continuing to build our relationships with our partners in 2019,” says Leon Erasmus, HPE Country Manager: Channel and Alliances Sales.
The 2018 HPE Partner Awards were highly inclusive, incorporating awards from across the channel, including Aruba (an HPE company), Hybrid IT (HiT), Alliances, Partner Specialisations and Distribution. Top honours for the Overall Best Performing Partners of 2018 went to Introstat for Business Partner of the Year, Ubuntu Technologies for Silver Partner of the Year, First Technology for Gold Partner of the Year, and EOH for Platinum Partner of the Year.
The full list of winners is as follows:
- Aruba Partner Sales Champion – Datacentrix
- Aruba Product Manager of the Year – Warren Gordon from Duxbury Networks
- Aruba Distinguished Partner Engineer of the Year – Dean Horsten from MySky
- Aruba Deal of Year Award – Intelsys
- Aruba Emerging partner of the year – MySky
- Aruba Growth Partner of the Year – Dimension Data
- Aruba Distributor of the Year – Duxbury Networks
- Aruba Elite Partner of the year – Datacentrix
- HPE Compute Partner of the Year – Datacentrix
- HPE Storage Partner of the Year – Ubuntu Technologies
- HPE Service Delivery Partner of the Year – EOH
- HPE Pointnext Partner of the Year – BCX
- HPE HiT Sales Ambassador of the Year – Nathan Thierney from Tarsus
- HPE HiT Pre-Sales Ambassador of the Year – Jacques Lewis from EOH
- HPE HiT Service Delivery Engineer of the Year – Franz Pienaar from Datacentrix
- HPE Coastal Ambassador of the Year – Riaan Taylor from Dimension Data Cape Town
- Alliances Partner of the Year Award – Microsoft
- HPE Distribution Product Manager of the Year – Celicia Van Den Berg from Tarsus
- HPE HiT Distributor of the Year – Axiz
- HiT Business Partner of the Year – Introstat
- HiT Silver Partner of the Year – Ubuntu Technologies
- HiT Gold Partner of the Year – First Technology
- HiT Platinum Partner of the Year – EOH
Ending off on a less serious note, the best-dressed male award went to Mike Rogers from Tarsus, while the best-dressed female was Pearl Tuling from Cornerstone. The best-dressed team was awarded to MySky. The evening was a resounding success, and set the tone for mutual growth and development for HPE, its partners and their joint customers in 2019.FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA