- Kira Valves & Engineering manufactures’ a range of valves and products.
- We offer CNC (turning and milling) and conventional machining services. We can accommodate both production and jobbing orientated quantities.
- Our machining capabilities go well beyond valve spares and conventional items.
- Our Qualified Auto Cad technician possesses the ability to assist.
- Range of conventional machines to perform operations such as lathes, milling and drilling.
The following machinery portrays the various capabilities that we are able to perform on our premises:
- Goodway CNC Lathe Model GA-2600
- 1m Webster & Bennet Vertical Boring Mill
- 3m Union Horizontal Boring Mill
- Johnford Vertical CNC Machining Centre with Fanuc OiMD CNC Control
Our manufacturing ability extends to the following areas:
- Gearbox and actuator installations
- Foundation bolts
- Tie rods, bolting, nuts, studs
- Valve sieves/ Strainers
- Flanged Foot Pump strainers
- T-strainers & Y-strainers
- Butterfly Dampers
- Valve Extensions
- Ball Valves
- Steam Jacketed Valves
- Metal Seated Ball Valves
- Segmented Valves
- Custom Designed Valves
- Sight Glass
- Knife Gate Valves (Standard & Hopper)
Modifications on valves are conducted using procedures as defined by internationally recognised valve standard such as ASME B16.34 and BS4504. Modifications undergo precise design and testing before being dispatched. Non-destructive testing such as X-rays, Dye pen testing, UT testing, MPI, PMI, Wall thickness, may be requested. Our resources allow us to be market leaders in valve modifications and thus pride ourselves in having modified valves for some of the biggest companies in South Africa.
The following valve modifications are done:
- Steam jacketing & extension spindles.
- Valve seat changes from stainless to stellite.
- Shaft material changes (from Chrome to Monel, Alloy 20, and more.)
- Gearbox fitting & actuator fitting.
- Seat material changes (PTFE, Carbon).
- Conversion of soft seated ball & check valves to metal seated.
- Conversion of standard butterfly discs to Alloy 20, etc.
- Providing non-standard face to face off valves
- General trim changes.
- Stellite seats and balls.
- Ring tight grooves on flanged valves.
- Plugging of flange holes and drilling.
- Plug and drill- fitment of ISO MTG pads.
- Changing valve face to face dimensions
- Cryogenic services
For further information, please contact:
KIRA VALVES & ENGINEERING