Fluke, represented locally by the Comtest Group has on offer
the Fluke 481 Radiation Survey Meter – a portable and practical means for identifying irradiated goods, and for helping remediate contamination and safety issues while minimally impacting operations.
Use of the device reassures employees that radiation risks are known, monitored and measured for their safety, protection and peace-of-mind. If radiation is found, a clear and quantifiable result allows managers to comply with safety guidelines, without overreacting and taking unnecessary steps that might halt operations, impact productivity or lead to lost revenue.
Because the Fluke 481 is portable, it has diverse applications, from receiving dock to warehouse to shop floor, and scans vehicles, packages, or individuals. It can detect multiple types of ionizing radiation associated with contaminated goods. It was specifically designed for high sensitivity giving a greater safety margin which allows the operator to work at a safe distance. A simple two-button operation allows new users to perform surveys with basic training.
The Fluke 481 delivers measurable results for compliance with safety guidelines, delivering exact information about the extent of contamination, so that safe perimeters may be set up.
• Measures both dose and dose-rate
• Detects skin-dose (beta particle) and deep-dose (gamma) and x-ray radiation
• Use for contamination detection, general radiation area surveys, radiation level monitoring, and hazardous materials assessment
• Easily visible inside truck trailers and other low-light conditions with automated backlight
• Works reliably indoors or outdoors thanks to sealed case
• 30% more accurate than other available meters
• Delivers more than one week of continuous operation from two 9-volt alkaline batteries
For more information on the Fluke 481 Radiation Survey Meter, or information about seminars, demos or to locate the nearest dealer, contact Comtest on 010 595 1821 or visit www.comtest.co.za