Testing the grounding components of equipment in hard-to-reach spaces, including areas that are indoors or fully paved and do not permit driving auxiliary test stakes, is challenging. Fluke, locally represented by Comtest, now has the Fluke 1630-2 FC Stakeless Earth Ground Clamp, a high-quality, heavy-duty clamp jaw that stays in alignment and in calibration even in industrial environments. And staying on line—identify ground loop resistance without the need to disconnect then reconnect the earth electrode from the system, is now possible.
The 1630-2 FC clamp measures earth ground loop resistances for multi-grounded systems using the dual-clamp jaw. This test technique eliminates the dangerous and time-consuming activity of disconnecting parallel grounds, as well as the process of finding suitable locations for auxiliary test stakes. Users can also perform ground tests in places that were previously difficult: inside buildings, on power pylons or anywhere there is no access to soil to place auxiliary test stakes.
Fluke Connect® Wireless System
The 1630-2 FC supports the Fluke Connect Wireless System (may not be available in all regions). Fluke Connect wirelessly connects the clamp with an app on a smartphone or tablet. The app shows the ground resistance measurements on the smartphone or tablet display. These measurements, GPS location from the phone and images can be saved to Fluke Connect Cloud storage and shared with the project team.
The Fluke 1630-2 FC features:
- Earth ground ac leakage current measurement – Identify ac leakage currents without disconnecting the earth ground stake from the grounding system–ideal for system troubleshooting.
- Rugged – Heavy-duty clamp jaw stays in alignment and in calibration even in every day, on-the-job industrial environments.
- Logging measurements – The earth ground clamp saves time by automatically recording data at pre-set intervals and saves up to 32,760 measurements in memory at the set logging interval. Saves time by recording and storing measured values.
- Alarm threshold – User-defined high/low alarm limits, for rapid measurement evaluation.
- Band-pass filter – Selectable band-pass filter function removes unwanted noise from the ac leakage current measurement.
For more information on Fluke’s 1630-2 FC Stakeless Earth Ground Clamp, contact Comtest, or for upcoming seminars, demos or to locate the nearest dealer, contact COMTEST on 010 595 1821 or firstname.lastname@example.org