A product application case history
The Task: The special challenge of this application was to determine the exact temperature of heat-tracing, and to be adapted to the respective type of bitumen product used. The meters had to be robust and temperature-stable, and their accuracy should be unaffected by portable custody transfer devices.
The Solution: Kobold’s TM/TME/TMU Coriolis Mass Flowmeters, offering:
- Precise measurements, even with high temperature fluctuations
- Durable due to bigger wall thicknesses of measuring tubes
- Variable, stable tracing systems for various heating media
- Up to DN400/16″ for media temperatures up to 260°C
- Versions for custody transfer operation
- High process security by tempering also during power failure
- Maintenance easy due to open design of the devices
- Retrofitting possible
The Application: The robust construction of the Coriolis devices allow usage in mobile plants or machinery, such as in a “HOT-RECYCLER”, which removes the tarmac and re-applies it with the addition of asphalt and bitumen. The hot recycling method is used solely for the rehabilitation of damaged asphalt surface courses. The hot recycler processes the existing road pavement, improving it with virgin mix, if necessary.
Contact Instrotech for more information on Kobold’s range of coriolis mass flow meters for bitumen measurement under difficult conditions.
Instrotech: 010 595 1831 or firstname.lastname@example.orgFOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA