Leading South African intralogistical supplier Logistics Systems Engineering (LSE) is introducing its new Constructor range of Longspan Shelving 3 (LS3) to the southern African market. Introduced to the European market earlier this year by LSE’s solutions partner Gonvarri Material Handling, the new generation of longspan shelves feature improved versatility with a large selection of accessories that enhance system flexibility to any light duty storage requirement.
Complete flexibility means the system can be adjusted as customers’ product profiles change, making LSE’s LS3 ideal for use across numerous locations and industries. Easy to dismantle, adjust and reinstall, these storage shelving systems are the optimal solution for customers storing a variety of goods. Designed to accommodate from heavy loads, boxes and cartons, to files and loose items, the LS3 is ideal for storing manually loaded items.
The system’s expandability means it can meet customers’ growing needs, ultimately reducing shelf lifetime costs and providing a higher return on investment. LSE has greater control over production, quality and consistency, as its entire range is manufactured in Europe under the strictest EN norms. Its dedicated in-house quality control centre regularly subjects components to stringent quality control tests, using state-of-the-art technology and highly trained technicians, differentiating itself in the marketplace.
Standard benefits inherent in this economical, strong, durable and versatile range include:
- High storage density with minimal lost space – ensures efficient storage for large or awkward items.
- Long beam lengths – provides optimal flexibility and fit, remaining conscious of retaining shorter lengths to make these systems fit perfectly into tight spaces.
- Front and rear access – facilitates quick and easy turnaround of stored items.
- Cost effective – longer beams require fewer frames.
- Easy to assemble, adjust and expand – ensures complete flexibility.
- Stepped beams as standard – facilitates maximum vertical clearance with minimal risk of snagging.
- Dividers, mesh shelves, tubular beams and extensive range of accessories – help tailor the system to your operational requirements.
“Businesses that store long or bulky items can be up and running more quickly thanks to the evolution of Constructor longspan shelving,” says LSE Chief Executive Officer Fred Albrecht. “Longspan shelving provides the ideal solution when short span shelving is not suitable, and the excess capacity provided by pallet racking is unnecessary.”
The longspan shelving advantage
- With a conventional shelving system, space can be lost if goods do not precisely fit. This is especially the case if stored goods are larger than normal or oddly shaped. Longspan shelving is the ideal solution for storing manually loaded, bulky or long items.
- Beams can be up to 3 m long, with a choice of chipboard, pine, steel or wire mesh shelving.
- The open frame design means shelving can be loaded from the front and back, optimising access and reducing the amount of lost space.
- Shelving frames are braced and bolted for strength and reliability, while the foot and levelling plates allow for shelving systems to adapt to uneven surfaces.
- Upright covers allow them to be used as a low system or even work benches, which prevents product snagging, which is traditionally the case.
- Fully adjustable beams mean the LS3 range accommodates future product changes, providing additional flexibility and peace of mind.
- The system can be easily dismantled, reinstalled and adjusted. This provides it with the ability to adapt and grow in line with customers’ needs, which reduce shelving lifetime costs and provide a higher return on investment.
LSE is the Exclusive Distributor of Gonvarri Material Handling brands, which includes Constructor. “Gonvarri Material Handling is one of Europe’s leading forces in engineering and manufacturing of storage solutions,” Albrecht concludes. “Their range covers the storage market needs through a complete range of systems, and all of them well suited to southern Africa’s storage market.
Logistics Systems Engineering is a leading supplier of warehouse storage solutions across sub-Saharan Africa.