The interaction of the SIMATIC PCS 7 Plant Automation Accelerator (PAA), SIMATIC PCS 7 and SIMIT Simulation offers the highest consistency and efficiency in automation engineering. The electronic workflow ensures a smooth data exchange from plant and automation planning to process control technology to virtual commissioning and operator training.
Engineering and simulation efficiency out-of-the-box
The use of PAA promises consistent engineering without system breaks between automation planning and the SIMATIC PCS 7 control system. The consistent use of templates enables the development of standardized automation solutions. With the standardized interfaces, data and project changes can be exchanged smoothly between the different software products. In this way, automation component solution can be put into virtual operation at an early project stage with SIMATIC PCS 7 and SIMIT simulation.
The advantags of using the three software solutions are as follows:
- Shorter project runtimes through consistent and easy data synchronization between engineering and automation
- Error reduction and shorter project time through early testing and validation of individual automation functions, plants parts up to entire plants
- Shorter times for plant expansion and optimization
- Increased system availability due to error-free data transmission and always up-to-date system documentation
- Consisten as-is documentation of software and hardware throughout the lifecycle
- Better cost-effectiveness through intelligent fusion of the digital and real worlds
Content of the application example
The following figure shows the procedure described in the application example and the consistent data transfer, in which at the beginning in PCS 7 Control Module Types (CMTs) are created. Subsequently, the software engineering of the automation program takes place in the PAA, in which the templates are instantiated, parameterized and interlinked. After that, the data is transferred to PCS 7 and SIMIT for further engineering.
PCS 7 V9.0, PAA V2.1, PAA V3.0, SIMIT V9.0 SP1, SIMIT V10.0
Documentation for PCS 7 V9.0, PAA V3.0, SIMIT V10.0
Documentation (1,9 MB)
Documentation for PCS 7 V9.0, PAA V2.1, SIMIT V9.0
Documentation (1,9 MB)
Siemens Digital Industries
Call Centre: 0860 80 80 80